Monday, April 23, 2012

Renovation 101


I LOVE hearing from a client who wants my help on a kitchen or bathroom renovation.  Recently, I consulted on a "make-over" on a 3-bedroom townhouse in Brookhaven that had that "early-90s" look,...okay,..but dated nonetheless.  I actually found the perfect contractor for my clients, and, with his help and expertise, proposed a FABULOUS renovation, staying WITHIN-BUDGET (the most-important part!).

The clients got involved, and visited the marble/granite yard, the bathroom-fixture showroom, and the lighting store (AFTER I had already-visited and pre-selected the right product......too many choices just gets overwhelming to clients)....they actually really liked the selection-process (they thought they wouldn't)....

A little French (Haute and froid) thrown in.....

 
I came up with a custom colour of pistachio-green for the Master Bath cabinetry.

I used a Ralph Lauren grass cloth wallpaper, Sudan Earth, for the renovated Powder Room. Changed the pedestal sink to a new model from Kohler.

 it's all in the details......I could have used brown plastic outlets, but, since we only needed 4, I proposed an oiled-rubbed bronze.  Fabulous.

One of my "tricks,"....using wallpaper in built-in bookcases.  Ralph Lauren's Sudan Earth.


 


 
Original art from Catherine Kelleghan Galleries, Atlanta.

End of story: they LOVE their "new" home,...and trust me, it really does look brand-new.  They especially like the paint colours I used, the new stain colour for their hardwood floors, the new door knobs I chose,....every little detail.

I'm proud of the final result; here are some photos to share with y'all......

Mark.

1 comment:

  1. For bar sink and many other bar fixtures, copper is one of the most elegant materials purchased and installed in luxury bars or even in kitchen.

    ReplyDelete