Monday, April 2, 2012

Lamps I 'design

One of my favourite things in Interior Design is proposing the perfect lamps for a client's home.  It is something I do pretty well,...from what I've been told.

Sometimes I find objects when I'm out-and-about antiquing,....and the first thing I think of is: "that would make a GREAT lamp!" consequently, many of my clients have exclusive, one-of-a-kind lamps that no one else has.




I want to clarify about being a lamp "designer;" .....why I'm using quotation marks.  I'm not sitting in my Studio sketching ideas on paper and having lamp manufacturers fabricate my "designs.". I do, however, know how to take some things and make them into something else.

The artistry of SHADING a lamp is something I do pretty well.......with the help of the owner of the ONE and ONLY place I purchase my lamp shades.  I, as the designer, can choose the appropriate colour and texture and pretty-much the SIZE of the shade, but selecting the perfect 8 1/2" harp as opposed to a 10" harp is something I leave to the expert I visit.

















Back in 2006, I was asked by a magazine writer "What's a single thing you would do to bring a dull house to life?". My response: "Add about 20 more lamps."






Certain Interior Designers have certain specialties.  What you do BEST is usually what you have a PASSION for doing.  I flat-out LOVE choosing the right lamps (and lampshades........AND finials......I'm also "known for" my unique finials)......for my clients.

Look around your home,....and if you feel you could use a few more lamps,....give me a ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment