Monday, May 7, 2012

Mark's Billiard Blog...

I just finished another great project in Asheville, North Carolina.  My clients asked for my help proposing just the RIGHT thing for their Pool Room on their Terrace Level.

Boy, did I learn A LOT on his project.  I kinda-knew there was a difference between Pool and Billiards,....but when you have a client who played SNOOKERS when he went to Georgia Tech (across the road in a room ABOVE The Varsity, so I understand....) you darn-better find the RIGHT product for this discerning pool enthusiast.

Months ago, after stopping at the WRONG pool-table distributor,...I later found the RIGHT place: GREATER SOUTHERN HOME RECREATION (www.greatersouthernhomerec.com) where I met Chris Jurnack.  Chris and I spent several hours discussing what my client wanted: nice, but not over-the-top crazy-nice (and much more expensive).  Chris and I bonded immediately, ESPECIALLY after he stated that the MOST IMPORTANT part of he whole process is the CUSTOM-INSTALLATION (they exclusively use: Gabriel Chapman's company, CHAPMAN BILLIARD'S, For ALL their deliveries.

Gabriel Chapman, of Chapman Billiard's Installers, at work, smoothing out the lines separating the 3 panels of slate with BEESWAX!


I never realized that better pool tables are CUSTOM-installed on site......AMAZING skills by Chapman's Billiards Installers!

Since I was proposing from an Atlanta Showroom (and my client preferred to visit what I had found in Atlanta), the RIGHT installer for Asheville, North Carolina was KEY!

After I did my homework, finding 2-3 choices of: tables, light fixtures, barstools and pub tables, I set-up an appointment for my client to meet Chris and me t the Showroom.  Within an hour, my client chose from our proposals, impressed with the "homework" I had done 2 weeks earlier.

Last Wednesday's installation by Gabriel Chapman's company was like watching artistry-at-work.  I could blog JUST on his skills and workmanship alone; suffice it to say, the Connelly pool table came down a split-staircase in stages: the legs, the top, the 3 panels of 1 1/4" SLATE, the fine black, worsted wool,....where ALL is custom-built ON-SITE (simply amazing, I thought). How many of you out-there know about using bees-wax in the installation?

Connelly table I found at GREATER SOUTHERN HOME RECREATION. 
Chris Jurnack REALLY knew his product!

We found this fine, AMERICAN-MADE furniture (2 Pub tables and 4 Bar stools) at  Greater Southern Home Recreation, Atlanta.

Who knew? Instead of the standard cue stick wall storage, Greater Southern offers this FINE storage BENCH.  Additional seating for 2 more people; I liked that!

Close up of leather pocket on Connelly table and the hand-knotted rug I found for my clients.
Connelly brand 9' custom pool table from Greater Southern Home Recreation.

 An oil painting we used in the room...

End result: another Mark Sunderland Interiors success story.  Clients LOVED IT,......and I couldn't have done it without the help and knowledge of such fine, CONSUMATE, professionals.

Let me know if you have a burning-desire for a new pool room in your home.  As you can see,.....I travel for business.  ....and especially like when everything turns out JUST-RIGHT.

Set-'em UP, Jimmy!

Best to all....
Mark.

1 comment:

  1. You have post very valuable information to all the readers who might be looking for this kind of info. No doubt this blog deserves a lot of feed backs. I am looking forward to found new post here. Thank you for sharing! :)
    http://billiards.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete