Monday, September 3, 2012

Draperies!

As an interior designer, I always seem to be working on a drapery-job or two each month.  One of the reasons,...and the MOST IMPORTANT reason: I've used the SAME drapery-workroom for over 18 years.  Starting the years I worked at Ralph Lauren Home, then for 15 years at Beverly Hall,...and now, with Mark Sunderland Interiors, my new clients discover what my repeat-customers have know for years: custom-draperies don't have to "break the bank."

It's a combination of product knowledge,...both fabrics and hardware.  "Window-Treatments," as they're known in the 'Biz, can sometimes be fully-functional,......sometimes non-functional, just providing a little "softening" to the room.

In any event, the right draperies can help "finish" that room with TIMELESS, classic treatments.  Just take a look at my website; I've been using some of the same techniques I've been doing for years!  No room for "trendy" in my World.

Here's my most-recent drapery installation from last week, with BEFORE and AFTER photos.  See the difference?   ....and my client LOVED her new "window-treatments!"

DURING the installation.....William Bone with his helper, Joe.

Dining Room; BEFORE draperies

Dining Room; AFTER!

Living Room; BEFORE draperies

Living Room; AFTER!

   

1: Close-up of Dining Room silk fabric from Kravet; 2: The Living Room silk, also from Kravet, reads nicely with the client's vintage, celadon lamps with jade finials.


Best to All....
Mark.

1 comment: