Monday, August 20, 2012

It's All-About Texture


...just thought I'd blog about a project I'm currently working on.

My new clients, who live in East Cobb County (Marietta, Georgia), met me last month at Scott Antique Market, where I exhibit each month.  They picked-up one of my cards, and later that weekend, checked out my Design Portfolio on my website and on the Elle Decor Registry.

They liked my work, and, although they do not need a STICK of furniture, they're doing a lot to perk-up their wonderful home built in the late-80s.

This photograph shows how I'm incorporating TEXTURE as well as COLOUR into their "soon-to-be-new" Dining Room.

The grasscloth wallpaper on the left: a well-priced paper from Ernest Gaspard and Associates, ADAC.  Of course, The Hangman, Inc. will install, as always.

The fabric shown is one I found at an "off-the-bolt" fabric store.  The soft sage-greens really compliment  the tones in the wallpaper.  We're re-upholstering their 8 Dining Room chairs in this geometric-woven fabric.

And, to save money on custom-made-draperies,......I'm installing that wonderful "tortoise" woven wood shades in the windows. The simplicity of these woven wood shades (unlined) should really provide that fresh, simple look that my clients were going-for! http://www.kirsch.com/products/natural-shades/

It's simply "a texture-thing" sometimes........

I'll post "after" photos when the project is completed next month.

Cheers,
Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment