Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Before and After; A Master Bedroom Desk

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile; HIGH pollen in the ATL had me down a few days, then I had my monthly show at Scott's Antique Market.

This week's blog is simply a recent Before and After for a wonderful client who was upgrading her Master Bedroom.  She had a nice desk, but her new bedroom furniture was more transitional, so I searched for the PERFECT desk and desk chair for a woman that wanted a more-feminine look.  Here's what she had (we moved it to a different room in her home for her daughter to use) BEFORE:


Here's what I found at Baker Knapp & Tubbs,...a WONDERFUL cream-lacquered ladies' desk (which has JEWELERY DRAWERS on the top-left and top-right drawers) from the Barbara Barry Collection.  The oval-back side chair is a personal-favourite of mine; also from Barbara Barry.  Here's the AFTER:


Nice, eh?

And HERE is a photo of the new desk and desk chair,...and how it compliments the rest of my client's Sophisticated and Feminine Master Bedroom.  The bench at the bottom of her new bed came from A. RUDIN, which I found at Ernest Gaspard and Associates at ADAC (with Audrey's help, of course!).  We selected a great ivory leather.  .....and the tall mirror on the wall came from BERNHARDT; Chris Ford, my furniture-tech and installer, professionally-hanged it on the wall right-outside my client's walk-in closet.


I was very happy with the completed Look, and my client was very pleased!

Keep Calm and Relax in Your New Bedroom!
Mark.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. I am thinking, you would really won the heart of that lady by giving that stunning and fabulous desh. Loving it and definitely want that antique and special one!!

    Furniture in dallas

    ReplyDelete