Monday, October 8, 2012

COLOUR YOUR WORLD!!!

Here's the loveseat that started the project.......
My clients LOVED my mitred pillows, made from my drapery workroom (and BFF, Marlene)!!!!

...wanted to share with my loyal followers that this Designer sometimes "goes outside the box" and has fun with COLOUR.

Several years back, this client wanted a "punch" of colour for her sunroom.  She had a dated loveseat, and needed me to re-upholster it (and have my upholsterer make a couple inexpensive chairs to compliment the loveseat).

I grabbed a couple small paintings from her wall that she and her husband had bought in the Caribbean.  These two treasures were my inspiration for the entire project,.....it's how I work,.......paying attention to my clients' love of art and travel.

I called this my trefoil "birthday cake" ottoman!!!!!!!

.......I found these antique Chinese ceramic fish (they were used in the  1920s to hang flowers on the wall) and had them made into great lamps.  Fantastic bowls, potpourri, and other accessories were the clients; they have WONDERFUL things from their travels!!!!

I had these chairs made from scratch from my upholsterer,......VERY-reasonably-priced!

The photos show the furniture I had installed in her sunroom on Clifton Road, and they worked JUST-PERFECTLY in her new Dream House that she and her husband bought on Springdale, in Druid Hills.  Soon after the Big Move, their house was chosen for The Druid Hills Tour of Homes; I was so touched and honoured,...to be sure!

Enjoy!
Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment