Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A little "Retail Therapy" helps the psyche, don'tcha' think?


Once in a while, we all need a little Retail Therapy to help make our lives a little brighter (said Retail Therapy works, by-the-way, when you buy a new sofa, a new bed, or have me re-decorate a whole room......HINT-HINT).  After an uber-productive day of antiquing, errand-running, and stops at ADAC, I stopped at my Barnes & Noble on Peachtree Road and treated myself to these five new (to me) CDs.  

I'm not your "download via iTunes" kinda guy; I like to hear the ENTIRE album, and enjoy listening to new tunes for a month or so, then put them away in the custom-drawers my cabinet-maker made for me when I built my new kitchen 10 years ago (photo later in the blog).

Here's what I bought today:

Mumford & Sons: Babel (see them on TV all the time; wanted to try them)

David Bowie: The Next Day (Bowie is one of my favourites; I have many of his albums).

Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Mosquito (my 3rd of 4th of theirs; GREAT road music!)

Sarah Brightman: Dreamchaser (Sis Jill and I LOVE her voice!  Saw her on Broadway).

And Depeche Mode: Delta Machine (another of my favourite groups).

As you can see, my taste in music goes in many directions; perhaps yours does as well.  Let me know if any of my choices appeal to you,.....and give me an idea of which albums I should add to my library.



Only problem IS:  as you can see, I've run out of drawer space!

Keep Calm and Keep The Music Business Alive!

...Music-Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment